Tourist Attractions In Penang – Tourist attractions in Penang are tourist attractions that include one of the states of Malaysia, which is called Penang, or Penang Island, or also called Pulau Pinang. Penang Island is classified as a small Malaysian state, because it consists of only two regions, namely:
- The western region is an island, namely Penang Island.
- The eastern area is a peninsula.
Tourist attractions in Penang are very diverse, from beach tours, to instagramable and romantic hangout spots in Penang.
Even for those of you who are from Indonesia, there has been a Jakarta – Penang Malaysia travel package for a long time. Geographically, it is not too far away, because Malaysia is also known as a neighboring country.
7 Tourist Attractions in Penang
1. Penang Bridge
Tourist attractions in Penang, as well as an icon of Penang, is one of the longest bridges in Southeast Asia called the Penang Bridge.
The attraction of the Penang Bridge is a two-lane bridge which has a length of 13.5 kilometers, and is located above the sea, which connects the island of Penang with Mainland Malaysia.
- The location of the Penang Bridge is at the address Penang Island, Seberang Perai, Gelugor, Malaysia.
2. George Town
After the iconic tourist attractions in Penang, we continue to the capital city of Penang, which is George Town. One of the most historic cities in Malaysia, because it is part of the main port in the Malacca Strait.
The historical side of George Town is that it was opened in 1786. Apart from being the capital city of Penang, George Town is also a stopover for trade between China and India.
In addition, George Town has a variety of tourist facilities that will pamper visitors, ranging from hotels, restaurants, and shopping centers.
- George Town is located on the island of Penang, Malaysia.
3. Penang Hills
Penang Hills, or also known as Bukit Flag, or Bukit Pulau Pinang, is a tourist spot in Penang, as well as the best place to enjoy the beauty of the island from a height.
Penang Hills is also known as Strawberry Island, so if visitors come during the harvest season, they can enjoy the typical strawberries of Pulau Pinang.
Visitors who want to reach the top of the Penang Hills can use a special train, with a track, or a fairly sloping rail.
In addition, Penang Hills, or Bukit Flag is also equipped with various facilities, and tourist rides, such as:
- Dinosaurs & Aviary Gardens,
- Henna & Spa,
- little village,
- Owl Museum.
Penang Hills also presents an instagramable background, as well as a romantic feel for its visitors. Don’t forget to capture the moment…
- Location Penang Hills is located about 6 kilometers from George Town, Penang Island, Malaysia.
- The price of admission to Penang Hills is free.
- Penang Hills is open 24 hours.
4. Penang Botanical Garden
Before you arrive at the main location of Penang Hills, then you will pass another tourist attraction in Penang called the Penang Botanical Garden, or Fountain Garden.
The Penang Botanical Garden is a historic park in Penang, because it was built in 1884. Initially, the Penang Botanical Garden was intended as a center for plant research from around the world.
And now, Fountain Park can still be seen, and enjoyed well. The name Fountain Park is because not far from the Penang Botanical Gardens, there is a terraced waterfall.
- The location of the Penang Botanical Garden is at Jalan Kebun Bunga, 10350 George Town, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia.
- The Penang Botanical Gardens is open from 08.00 – 17.00.
- The Penang Botanical Gardens are closed Saturday and Sunday.
- The price for admission to the Penang Botanical Gardens is free.
5. Clan Jetties Of Penang
Natural tourism, cultural tourism, and historical tourism, which are presented in the same area in Penang, the recommendation for tourist attractions is Clan Jetties Of Penang.
Clan Jetties Of Penang is an ethnic Chinese settlement, consisting of 7 Clan Jetties. Uniquely, the settlement becomes a floating settlement, aka being on the water.
For those of you who want to visit the Clan Jetties Of Penang, then in the area there is also a floating inn that can be rented by tourists.
- The location of Clan Jetties Of Penang is near the harbor.
- The address for Clan Jetties Of Penang is Pengkalan Weld, George Town, Pulau Pinang Malaysia.
- Clan Jetties Of Penang is open 24 hours.
6. Cake Lo Si Temple
A historical tourist spot in Penang, as well as having a very beautiful natural charm, the recommendation for a tourist spot is Kek Lo Si Temple.
A temple that was built in 1890, as well as a place of pilgrimage for Buddhists from various countries. Among them:
- Hong Kong.
The attraction of Kek Lo Si Temple apart from the architectural and historical side, the natural view presented is also very beautiful. Because the temple faces the sea.
In terms of architecture, in particular the Rama VI Pagoda has 7 levels and is equipped with 10,000 marble and bronze Buddha statues.
- The location of Kek Lo Si Temple is at Ria Valley Level 1, Air Hitam, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia.
- Kek Lo Si Temple is open from 07.00 – 21.00.
- The price of admission to Kek Lo Si Temple is free.
7. Penang Toy Museum
Recommended tourist attractions in Penang that are suitable for families are the Penang Toy Museum. Because in the building, there are more than 100 thousand types of children’s toys, from all over the world.
There are so many toys in the Penang Toy Museum, the spots in the area are divided into 12 zones, with different themes.
- The location of the Penang Toy Museum is at Jalan Teluk Bahang, Teluk Bahang, George Town, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia.
- The price of admission to the Penang Toy Museum is 30 RM.
- The Penang Toy Museum is open from 09.00 – 18.00.
Yes, that was the article about 7 Tourist Attractions in Penang, Island Harmony, and Peninsular Malaysia that you can use as your reference material when planning to go on vacation.